Beef Thai Red Curry
Thai Red Beef Curry - a simply delicious meal to make at home, cooking strips of beef, vegetables in a rich coconut Thai curry sauce. This is a quick dish ready in less than 30 minutes, so for this recipe, you want to find a quick frying cut of beef like sirloin steak, flank or tenderloin, you can also use stir fry beef strips that are already pre-cut in the supermarkets. I would stay away from using a cut of beef that requires a longer cook like stewing steak, save that for a Massaman curry!
If you don’t fancy a bit of beef for dinner, you can use other proteins such as chicken or meats, maybe even go for a bit of seafood such as salmon or prawns! You can also add in more vegetables to substitute the meat if you are vegetarian, vegan or just in need of a meat-free meal!
How to make Beef Thai Red Curry
Everything in this recipe cooks quickly, so to keep on tops of things make sure you have cut and prepared all the ingredients before you start to make this Thai red curry. Heat oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat (I like to use coconut oil) and fry the red curry paste for at least 2 minutes to build amora.
Add the thick creamy layer of coconut milk to the wok with fish sauce and palm sugar. Blend well together and bring to a light boil and simmer for 10 minutes to allow all the oils to rise to the surface. Next up is the beef, spreading it evenly throughout the pan so pieces aren’t on top of each other, and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring every now and again to coat all the beef with curry sauce.
Add the remaining coconut milk to the wok with the vegetables, in our case, green beans and mixed peppers. Leave to simmer for roughly 5 minutes for the vegetables to cook. Make sure you are tasting the sauce throughout and if you feel it need more salt then add a dash more fish sauce. For an extra touch of flavour, you can add kaffir lime leaves or a big squeeze of lime before serving with freshly made Thai Jasmine rice.
If you enjoyed our beef Thai red curry recipe, please give this recipe a star rating and comment if you loved the flavours of this classic Thai red curry dish! Check out our recipe page for more delicious dishes like this and subscribe for new recipes and posts. Always stay connected and follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Beef Thai Red Curry
- 500 g Beef Steak
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 100 g Green Beans
- 150 g Mixed Pepper
- 35 g Mae Jum Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp Palm Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- Cut the mix peppers into strips or roughly dice
- Trim the ends of the green beans and cut them into thirds
- Slice the beef steak into 2-3 inch long strips. You can remove any fat from the steak if you desire
- In a wok, fry red curry paste in oil for 2 minutes on med/high heat
- Add the thick layer of coconut milk with fish sauce and palm sugar, blend well. Bring to a light boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir fry the beef in the curry sauce for 5 minutes before adding the remaining coconut milk with green beans and mixed peppers. Simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Serve up with freshly made Jasmine rice and garnish with fresh red chillies